Roof Ventilation Services
What You Don’t Know Could Be Costing You!
Is your house constantly hot upstairs? Does your AC run continuously during the summer? If so, then CONTACT US—we can help!
If your home suffers from either of these problems, you need to call Ferris Home Improvements for a roofing ventilation and insulation checkup before you waste any more money and energy constantly cooling your home or overheating your house!
Roofing ventilation, combined with proper insulation, is a critical component for climate control of your home during ALL months, promoting continuous airflow in your home that promotes increased climate control and greatly reduces risk of excessive attic moisture buildup that can be destructive to your home and health.
The Basics Poor Roof Ventilation:
1. Hot air rises. Nature’s laws cause hot air to rise in an enclosed space (your home).
2. Hot air is trapped. Without proper ventilation, this air has no way to escape, and remains trapped near the ceiling and/or in the attic of your home.
3. Moisture/condensation builds. Not only can such heat buildup can make living conditions unbearable, but it can also cause moisture buildup in the ceiling and walls that separate the trapped hot air from cooler air. Just as when you place a glass of cold water in the hot sun, condensation forms on the glass, so does condensation build within your roof and drywall, greatly increasing your risk of mold growth and roof wood damage or failure over time.
Consequences of Poor Roof Ventilation:
1. Poor Indoor Climate Control
2. Inefficient Energy Use
3. Eventual Weakening and Rotting of Sheathing/Rafters
4. Ice Dams (in Winter)
6. Interior Paint Peeling
Solutions to Poor Roof Ventilation
1. Install a ridge vent in your roof.
Benefits of a Ridge Vent Installation
- It’s GREEN. A Ridge Vent is a great GREEN home improvement because it requires ZERO ENERGY to run. Ridge Vents promote natural airflow patterns throughout your home, maximizing benefit and minimizing cost.
- It saves money. A Ridge Vent is a one-time expense. Because they require zero energy to cool your home, they also require ZERO MONTHLY COSTS.
It’s quiet. A Ridge Vent doesn’t make any audible sound because it piggybacks off natural airflow patterns. While several attic fan models claim to be “quiet”, the truth is attic fans generally are audible at some level when they run.
- It’s camouflage. A Ridge Vent also has much aesthetic appeal, as it generally blends so well with the roof that it is tough to spot. Check out the pictures to the left. You be the judge.
2.Install an attic fan in your roof.
- Static fans. While static fans are the most inexpensive fan option, they are not usually energy-efficient and they have a limited life span.
- Solar fans. Solar fans are a more GREEN option, because they use the sun’s energy and not your electricity to run, but if you live in an area with limited direct sunlight, solar fans might not be possible for your home.
- Exhaust fans. Exhaust fans can move large volumes of air throughout your entire home, but they are an outdated, noisy, and inefficient option that we do not usually recommend for our customers.
3. Ensure your home is insulated appropriately
Ferris Home Improvements offers great prices on blown-in insulation, especially when you’re having a new roof installed, because we have easier access to your attic. We use the Owens Corning® AttiCatTM blown-in insulation system to install blown-in insulation over top of your existing bat insulation to ensure your home meets at least the minimum R-value level suggested by the U.S.Government’s Energy Star program. Appropriate insulation helps to buffer the transition from hot air within the attic to cooler temperatures outside, controlling moisture and preventing air leakage that could interfere with the established roof ventilation pattern. Read more about our Insulation Services and the tax credit for eligible homeowners who insulate their home.
Roofing Contractors Newark Delaware | Commercial Roofing Contractor
Why FHI Services Are So Affordable
Ferris Home Improvements is more affordable than the competition because we are not part of a giant, franchised corporation. With less overhead and a mid-size crew of dedicated experts in the field, we are a much more efficient company who can offer you better labor pricing for the same top quality craftsmanship you get from the highest bidding competitors.
Another reason why Ferris Home Improvements can offer you such great deals is because we have established great relationships with vendors who make the products to skip the middle man and offer you better-than-retail pricing.
Financing. Can’t afford the entire bill right now? Would you rather make monthly payments? We have partnered with Service Finance Company to offer financing up to $25,000 for eligible customers, and we’ll work with you to help you get the services you need.